The Willamette Valley Sustainable Foods Alliance is a 501c6 regional trade association of food and beverage businesses and proud home of the Grown & Crafted brand.
The Willamette Valley Grown & Crafted label connects you to the source and all that our bountiful region has to offer: fertile soil, clean water, sustainable agriculture, quality ingredients, integrity and craftsmanship in production, and a rich food history and culture.
To support and promote a thriving and sustainable food and beverage industry in the Willamette Valley.
We envision a robust food and beverage industry in the Willamette Valley that is recognized as a premiere source of natural, sustainable and organic foods.
What we do
We promote member businesses through the Willamette Valley Grown & Crafted brand, organize educational and training events, and offer opportunities for networking and collaboration in the food and beverage sector.
Why we do it
Our members provide creative solutions to a broken, industrialized food system. “Fixing it at home” creates a ripple effect that impacts other communities and inspires the next generation of farmers, processors and food innovators.
- Living and working sustainably
- A robust local food economy as a tenant of sustainability
- Collaborating to make things better for all
- Our community
- Full transparency
The Willamette Valley Grown & Crafted label positively impacts our local economy
- It increases the visibility of locally grown and value-added products for area consumers
- Identifies quality Willamette Valley products for statewide, national and international buyers
- Generates awareness of the quality and diversity of Willamette Valley’s agricultural products
- Showcases the many high caliber food processing businesses located in our region
- Positions our regional products as prized and valuable
- Invites visitors to share the bounty and identifies the region as a food tourism destination
A 2012 survey of food sector businesses in Lane County identified creating a regional food brand as a top priority. The participants recognized the Willamette Valley has something special to offer. Representatives from the public and private sectors partnered to research, design and develop a marketing strategy for the brand. It’s time to tap into the demand created by the local food movement and increase the visibility of foods grown and processed here. And with the nationwide popularity of Willamette Valley wines and brews, the timing is also ripe for sharing our bounty with consumers outside of the region
Willamette Valley Grown & Crafted is a project of the Willamette Valley Sustainable Food Alliance, a 501c6 Trade Association working to support and promote a thriving and sustainable food and beverage industry in the Willamette Valley. The Alliance owns the trademark for the Willamette Valley Grown & Crafted logo.